[BioC] genefilter findLargest and Illumina ids

Lavinia Gordon lavinia.gordon at mcri.edu.au
Wed Apr 14 07:25:44 CEST 2010

Dear All

I am trying to replicate the example from the Category vignette, but
with Illumina data
(e.g. from
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.5/bioc/vignettes/Category/inst/doc/Category.R)

My data is MouseWG-6_V1
where the featureNames(mydata) are Array_Address_Ids (with the data read
in as a LumiBatch/ExpressionSet object)
and it is BeadStudio output.

Using the annotation package illuminaMousev1BeadID.db gives:
 > fL = findLargest(featureNames(mydata), abs(ttests$statistic),
"illuminaMousev1BeadID")
Error in .checkKeys(value, Lkeys(x), x at ifnotfound) :
   value for "580022" not found

How can I confirm which annotation package to use, as I have BeadStudio
data but with Array_Address_Ids?
I assume it would be possible to substitute featureNames for
featureData, where
 >head(featureData(mydata)[[2]])
[1] "0610005I04"    "0610006I08RIK" "0610007C21RIK" "0610007C21RIK"
"0610007J10RIK" "0610007L01RIK"
but I haven't had any success in matching these to available keys.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

with regards

Lavinia Gordon.

--