[BioC] genefilter findLargest and Illumina ids

Pan Du dupan at northwestern.edu
Wed Apr 14 23:19:47 CEST 2010

Hi Lavinia

Illumina Array_Address_Ids is not the regular IDs used in public. You need
to first convert Array_Address_Ids as Illumina ID or directly convert as
Entrez Gene IDs, and then do functional analysis.

You can use lumiMouseIDMapping for ID mapping. Here is some code:
 # convert Array_Address_Ids to nuID first
 nuIDs = IlluminaID2nuID(addressIDs, lib='lumiMouseIDMapping')
 # then convert back to regular IlluminaID
 IlluminaIDs = nuID2IlluminaID(nuIDs, lib='lumiMouseIDMapping')
 # or map to Entrez ID based on Illumina manifest file (this might be old)
 entrezIDs = nuID2EntrezID(nuIDs, lib='lumiMouseIDMapping')

Pan