[BioC] Microarray image files in PDF files

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Thu Apr 15 00:28:22 CEST 2010

Dear Mike,

try replacing the call to 'image' with 'grid.raster' from the grid
package. This decreases file size, e.g. when sent to a PDF file,
enormously. It also plots much quicker on an interactive device.

See also http://developer.r-project.org/Raster/raster-RFC.html

As Jim and Kevin pointed out, for creating a report with many plots,
consider using LaTeX (e.g. 'pdflatex' with the 'graphicx' package),
which allows integrating PNG and other bitmap formats into a complex PDF
document.

The 'EBImage' package might also provide relevant functionality for
manipulating images (e.g. downsampling) and I/O.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang