[BioC] NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call in mas5calls function

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Fri Apr 16 21:19:56 CEST 2010

Dear Karthik,

Please note that the Affymetrix MAS5 algorithm requires both PM and MM
values, and the HuGene (and HuExon) arrays do not have MM values. For
this reason the "affy" package cannot run mas5calls for HuGene arrays.

As a note, my package "xps" allows to do mas5 and mas5.call for HuGene
and HuExon arrays.  However, I would not recommend to use mas5.call for
HuGene but use dabg.call, which is the algorithm Affymetrix has
developed for HuGene/HuExon arrays and which is also available in xps.

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
V.i.e.n.n.a           A.u.s.t.r.i.a