[BioC] Bioconductor - hugene10stv1cdf not available

Benilton Carvalho beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:04:16 CEST 2010

Hi Christoph,

If you need AffyBatch objects, you'll need to stick with the affy package.

The affy and oligo packages try to extract the annotation package name
from the CEL files and automagically install these packages. But when
Affymetrix releases new revisions of the PGF/CDF files, the names of
the annotation packages are likely to change (to reflect the revision
number). The CEL files, on the other hand, remain the same (this is
why you're having "problems").

Sorry if our solution isn't very useful for you, but I hope this
clarifies what's going on.

Best wishes,

benilton

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Christoph Knapp
<mkna005 at aucklanduni.ac.nz> wrote:
> Thats very complicated and (Sorry) in my case not very useful. My
> program needs to be able to read a great range of CEL files and
> schould end up with the same object preferable an AFFYbatch object (or
> I have to rewrite all my code). I need a standard way to read CEL
> files were the user is not concerned about the micro-array chip type
> used to get the CEL files. Is that possible?
>
> Thank you very much for your reply though.
>
> Christoph
>
> On 19 April 2010 12:51, Benilton Carvalho <beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> btw, if you want to use the affy package, I believe that the package:
>>
>> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/annotation/html/hugene10stv1.r3cdf.html
>>
>> should suffice (you will need to specify the name of the package to be
>> used though, check the docs for ReadAffy).

>> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Benilton Carvalho
>> <beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Christoph,
>>>
>>> the way to do this with oligo is:
>>>
>>> library(oligo)
>>> rawData = read.celfiles(list.celfiles())
>>> summaries1 = rma(rawData, target="probeset")