[BioC] comparison of two sets of developmental study

Mon Apr 19 16:33:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

Some comments in line, but as a general note I feel like your
questions are a bit vague:

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Yan Zhou <Yan.Zhou at fccc.edu> wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I have two microarray datasets. Each set have data from  8 different
> developmental stages( A-H, each stage have at least 3-4 biological
> replicates); The developmental stage are the same between the two; The only
> difference between the two are the tissue source. It's known that the two
> development are similar but not the same. I was wondering if anyone would
> have good suggestions as to
> 1. how to capture genes that are changing along development in each tissure
> seperately,

What does it mean to be "changing in each tissue separately".

Can you put this in more precise terms? Are you looking for genes that
show, say, anti-correlated expression patterns between the two tissue
types across your time course?

Or do you want to look at tissue A, and see which genes are
differentially expressed from time 0 to time 1, 2, etc.

> 2.  and also how to capture genes behave totally different between the two
> developmental courses.

Maybe you mean anti-correlated here?

-steve

--