[BioC] Bioconductor - hugene10stv1cdf not available

Christoph Knapp mkna005 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Tue Apr 20 02:25:40 CEST 2010

Now I'm getting following error. This chip type gives me a headache
and if I go on probably gastric ulcer to.

Error in setQCEnvironment(cdfn) :
  Could not find array definition file ' hugene10stv1.r3cdf.qcdef '.
Simpleaffy does not know the QC parameters for this array type.
See the package vignette for details about how to specify QC
parameters manually.
Calls: qc -> qc -> qc.affy -> setQCEnvironment
Execution halted

This happens in

QCReport(VFdata,file=paste(totalJobpath,"\\","AffyQCReport.pdf",sep=""))

It generates some of the report but not all.

I tried

setQCEnvironment(cleancdfname(cdfName(eset)))

as suggested in

http://127.0.0.1:25446/library/simpleaffy/html/setQCEnvironment.html

but that did not help.

Please help?

Christoph

On 20 April 2010 11:03, Sherri Christian <sherri at mun.ca> wrote:
> Christoph,
>
> I do not have a lot of experience with Bioconductor but my experience is
> that for some chips (ie. mouse4302), the information is retrieved
> automatically but for the hugene10 chip it is not. My understanding is that
> it is because of the syntax of the file that is suggested by the CEL file
> (this is what I understood from the vignettes). If you want to set up for
> other people then the best way is probably to set up text files (or TinnR
> files) that have all the essential "start-up" commands on a "per chip"
> basis. This is pretty much the limit of my knowledge!
>
> Sherri
>
> On 19-Apr-10, at 7:30 PM, Christoph Knapp wrote:
>
>> That works well, thanks a lot, but how I said in a previous email, my
>> project is about writing an application which takes in many different
>> cel files without throwing exceptions. Its about making life easier
>> for people who know even less about that stuff than I do ;-). Thats
>> why I need a way to setup R so that it works without problems in a
>> standard way. Is there a possibility to retrieve information's from
>> the cel files itself what the latest version of annotation package is
>> it needs? Than I could just pass this information into the readAffy()
>> command similar to the way you suggested.
>>
>> Sorry for being a pain and thanks for the help.
>>
>> Christoph
>>
>> On 19 April 2010 23:28, Sherri Christian <sherri at mun.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> sorry all, I forgot to change the name of the subject
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> From: Sherri Christian <sherri at mun.ca>
>>> Date: April 19, 2010 8:53:25 AM NDT
>>> To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch, mkna005 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
>>> Cc: Sherri Christian <sherri at mun.ca>
>>> Subject: Re: Bioconductor Digest, Vol 86, Issue 19
>>> Hi Christoph,
>>> First, install the package as suggested by Benilton - the name that you
>>> tried was not correct

>>> Then load the library

>>> Then read in your data

>>> Then tell Affy which cdf file it needs to use- because the name of the
>>> CDF
>>> file that Affy thinks it needs is NOT what you downloaded

>>> Now check your data to be sure that the correct cdf file was used

>>> good luck,
>>> Sherri
>>>
>>> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 01:51:17 +0100
>>> From: Benilton Carvalho <beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com>
>>> To: Christoph Knapp <mkna005 at aucklanduni.ac.nz>
>>> Cc: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
>>> Subject: Re: [BioC] Bioconductor - hugene10stv1cdf not available
>>> btw, if you want to use the affy package, I believe that the package:
>>>
>>> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/annotation/html/hugene10stv1.r3cdf.html
>>> should suffice (you will need to specify the name of the package to be
>>> used though, check the docs for ReadAffy).
>>> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Benilton Carvalho
> [...]
>>> rawData = read.celfiles(list.celfiles())
>>> summaries1 = rma(rawData, target="probeset")
>>> summaries2 = rma(rawData, target="core")
>>> summaries1 will contain the rma summaries to the probeset defined in
>>> the PGF file. summaries2 will contain the summaries for the
>>> metaprobesets defined in the core.mps file.
>>> AffyBatch objects are to be used with the affy package, so that's why
>>> the pd.hugene package was of no use (b/c pd.hugene is to be used with
>>> oligo).
>>> hth,