[BioC] HTqPCR only works for 384 qPCR plates

axel.klenk at actelion.com axel.klenk at actelion.com
Wed Apr 21 19:44:31 CEST 2010

Dear Andreia,

again, have a look at the help page. It will tell you that
readCtData() has certain expectations about the number
of certain columns, ie.

flag = 4, feature = 6, type = 7, position = 3, Ct = 8

If your files have that information in a different column,
you'll have to specify the column number, if they do not
have it at all you'll have to set it to NULL, as explained
in the Details section.

In your case the function was looking for columns number
3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 in a file with only two or three columns
which explains the error message.

Cheers,

 - axel

Axel Klenk
Research Informatician
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd / Gewerbestrasse 16 / CH-4123 Allschwil /
Switzerland

             Andreia Fonseca
             <andreia.fonseca@
             gmail.com>                                                 To
                                       axel.klenk at actelion.com
             04/21/2010 07:06                                           cc
             PM                        bioconductor
                                       <bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch>,
                                       bioconductor-bounces at stat.math.ethz
                                       .ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [BioC] HTqPCR only works for
                                       384 qPCR plates

Dear Axel,

I have tried and now I have another error i think is due to my
files:   raw<-readCtData(files=files$File, path=path, n.features=80)
Error in `[.data.frame`(sample, , Ct) : undefined columns selected

so in my files I have

gene \t Ctvalue

gene \t Ctvalue \t type(target/endogenous)

should I have a column with the sample number and the condition too?

thanks
Andreia