[BioC] vennDiagram Statistics Advice

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Tue Apr 27 13:56:33 CEST 2010

Dear Noah

a first, immediate answer is to look at
  ? fisher.test

Some light reading on its background can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher%27s_exact_test
and see e.g. Agresti's excellent book 'Categorial Data Analysis' for
something more substantial.

The second, more conceptual and perhaps more useful answer is to use
heatmaps and clustering of the expression profiles to show the desired
similarity relationships between the 4 expression profiles.

Simply using Euclidean distance, say on the subset of genes that is the
union of all differentially expressed genes, on the fold changes should
be a good start.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Noah Dowell scripsit 27/04/10 00:37: