[BioC] rMAT tutorial. Data file too large?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 27 18:58:03 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Patrick Schorderet
<patrick.schorderet at epfl.ch> wrote:

> Sorry for the lack of precision in my previous post. What I meant by
> 'crashes' is that in my Force Quit Application, I have a little "(not
> responding)" next to my R.
> I have tried to work with R64 but this doesn't help either. Am I really
> gonna have to buy a new computer...?

Mark Robinson has added MAT support in aroma.affymetrix.  See the
vignette 'MAT: (Promoter 1.0R) Tiling array analysis':

  http://aroma-project.org/vignettes

FYI, the methods in the aroma.affymetrix package runs in bounded
memory.  You should be able to run it on a 32bit Windows with 1-2GB
RAM.

/Henrik