[BioC] Reading .bpmap files for homemade tiling arrays

Patrick Schorderet patrick.schorderet at epfl.ch
Wed Apr 28 17:11:37 CEST 2010

Hello everybody,

I am trying to normalize some ChIP-chip data using rMAT and to do so,
you have to feed your .bpmap to the program (the file contains
information relating to the design of the Affymetrix tiling arrays).
Unfortunately, I get an error saying I am working with doubles instead
of the wanted integer. I have not changed the .bpmap file at all and I
can make no sense of it because have nothing to open it properly. I
guess it might be due to the customized array we are using. The sizes
might be different?

Thanks for the help,

Patrick

bpmapA<-"PRNFGMm2b520462F_rev.bpmap"
 > celA<-c("WT1.CEL","WT2.CEL", "Input_1.CEL", "Input_2.CEL")
 > ERA<-BPMAPCelParser(bpmapA, celA, seqName="chr2")
Reading Sequence Information from ./PRNFGMm2b520462F_rev.bpmap
Erreur dans .ReadBPMAPSeq(BPMAPFileName, seqToRead, readPM = TRUE,
readMM = FALSE,  :
   INTEGER() can only be applied to a 'integer', not a 'double'
De plus : Messages d'avis :
1: In max(range) : aucun argument pour max ; -Inf est renvoyé
2: In min(range) : aucun argument trouvé pour min ; Inf est renvoyé

sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.0 (2010-04-22)
i386-apple-darwin9.8.0

locale:
[1] fr_CH.UTF-8/fr_CH.UTF-8/C/C/fr_CH.UTF-8/fr_CH.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] rMAT_2.4.0        affxparser_1.20.0 Biobase_2.8.0     IRanges_1.6.0

[1] tools_2.11.0