[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics and Bioconductor Case Studies

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Aug 1 20:39:35 CEST 2010

Dear Chintanu

ad 1.: the assumption is that the arrays that you compare study similar
biological system, e.g. the same cell line treated with different drugs,
such that the gene expression differences for most genes are relatively
minor. The assumption would not hold if you compare, say, a cow liver to
human glioblastoma.

ad 2.: I am not sure I understand your question, and maybe you need to
precisify it. The heatmap is a data exploration tool, there is no single
right way to read it. For instance, in Fig 3.2. that you pointed to, I'd
say there are three clusters (batches) of arrays, with two of them a bit
more similar to each other than to the third.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang