[BioC] Quality control on Human Affymetrix Exon microarrays

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 12:13:20 CEST 2010

Hello,

I normally use affymetrix power tools to summarise Human Affymetrix Exon
microarrays and do QC type stuff on the summarised data, but I have now
gained access to a machine with a lot more memory and so would like to
do some quality control on the probe level data.

For U133 type arrays I would create an affybatch object and then apply
affyPLM and affyQCreport.  I read somewhere that affyWCreport does tests
that aren't relevant to exon arrays, but how does one go about using
affyPLM?

What are other people doing for QC on exon arrays.

Many thanks

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}