[BioC] [limma] Separate Channel Analysis of 2 color data with summarization

Ana Conesa aconesa at cipf.es
Mon Aug 9 19:02:02 CEST 2010

Dear List,

I am analyzing some yeast Nimblegen arrays following the separate channel
analysis of 2 color data of the limma package. After within and between
arrays normalization steps I did a summarization (medianpolish of M and A
values for 12 spots/gene) step to reduce the number of features for
differential expression analysis. My idea was then to calculate
intraspotcorrelation and use the lmscFit function. My question is whether it
should be OK to compute the intra spot correlation and the linear model using
these summarized values. One  result that calls my attention is that the
intraspotcorrelation computed on the summarized values has a consensus value
of 0.517.  From other posts in the list, it has been mentioned that intraspot
correlation should be above 0.8, so I am wondering if this approach is
conceptually correct.

Thanks for any suggestion on this topic

Regards

--