[BioC] Affy ST 1.0 gene chip background probes cut off set up

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Wed Aug 11 23:25:47 CEST 2010

Dear Stacy,

Since you mention xps, it may be of interest to you that xps supports
four background algorithms:
- rma background
- sector background (mas4)
- weigthed sector background (mas5)
- gccontent background
(see vignette xpsPreprocess.pdf)

For the ST 1.0 arrays you can use gccontent background with the generic
background probes by setting parameter "bgcorrect.select" either to
"genomic" or "antigenomic".

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a