[BioC] annotation

Marcelo Brandão brandao.marcelo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 23:23:16 CEST 2010

Hi there
Thanks for the script.
But i think there is something broken or, probably, I am doing something wrong.
Here is what I use:

>source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
.
.
.
>library(oligo)
.
.
.
Welcome to oligo version 1.12.2
> xys <- list.xysfiles()
> ddf <- data.frame(group = rep(c("experimental", "control", "mutated"),each=4), row.names=xys)
> vmd <- data.frame(labelDescription = "Treatment applied to samples")
> pdt <- new("AnnotatedDataFrame", data=ddf, varMetadata=vmd)
> rawData <- read.xysfiles(xys, phenoData=pdt)
Platform design info loaded.
Checking designs for each XYS file... Done.
Allocating memory... Done.
Reading 50186202_532.xys.
Reading 50194302_532.xys.
Reading 50194402_532.xys.
Reading 50196202_532.xys.
Reading 50198502_532.xys.
Reading 50201302_532.xys.
Reading 50204102_532.xys.
Reading 50204202_532.xys.
Reading 50204302_532.xys.
Reading 50207902_532.xys.
Reading 50208002_532.xys.
Reading 50208102_532.xys.
Error in validObject(out) :
  invalid class "ExpressionFeatureSet" object:
  'NChannelSet' varMetadata must have a 'channel' column
> rawData$group
Error: object 'rawData' not found

It seems that I need a channel column somewhere. And here is my question, Where?

Well, thanks for any help

My best wishes

Marcelo