[BioC] Help on experiment design

Marcelo Brandão brandao.marcelo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 02:59:18 CEST 2010

Hello all!
I am analyzing a set with 6 microarrays, 3 controls and 3
experimentals. I am interested in look after differentially expressed
genes. My doubt, among a lot of else, is if my experiment is designed
correctly. I am currently using the following comands:

designEsp <- cbind(controle=c(1,1,1,0,0,0),experimento=c(0,0,0,1,1,1))
fitEsp <- lmFit(exprs(summarized),designEsp)
fitEsp <- eBayes(fitEsp)
topTable(fitEsp,coef=2, adjust = "fdr", n = 10)

is it the best way to infer different expression? I am using nimblegen
microarrays.

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

--