[BioC] Circular binary segmentation for allele-specific CN data

Christine Ho cho at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 23 10:15:58 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your constructive replies. I followed Kasper's
suggestion of using the package DNAcopy. My initial problem with
aroma.affymetrix was just that I could not figure out how to get my
data in the correct format to apply their function CbsModel. But
DNAcopy does the trick nicely with its function "segment."

Jan, thanks for the help with the fracB data. Weeks ago, I ran
TumorBoost to reduce the signal-to-noise ratio in the fracB data.
Then, I used aroma.affymetrix to extract all of the informative SNPs
(AB, BB). After this, I took these allele frequencies and subtracted
by 0.5, then I took the max of this difference and 0 (so I only
retained the bands above 0.5).

I ran CBS on this, even with the noise at 0 (after doing the
subtraction), since not everything that "should" be at 0.5 is actually
at 0.5.

I'm comparing the regions it found with data from exome capture, and
it seemed to have performed satisfactorily.

Thanks again! I appreciate all of the help I've received on this
mailing list.

Christine