[BioC] Differential expresson in more than 2 samples using NGS?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Aug 26 01:56:07 CEST 2010

Dear Xiaohui,

I suspect you mean more than 2 groups or conditions rather than 2 samples.
edgeR already handles any number of groups.  If you want to find genes
highly expressed in one condition but not in the others, surely you need
to make pairwise comparisons between the conditions, and that is exactly
what edgeR does.

In the next month, we will be adding linear model capabilities to edgeR,
but it sounds to me as if the package will already address your problem as
it is.

Best wishes
Gordon