[BioC] Scan not respecting what

Gaston Fiore gaston.fiore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:10:07 CEST 2010

Thanks Martin, now it gives integers. Why isn't this in the described in the R Documentation, however? From there:

    what: the type of ‘what’ gives the type of data to be read.  The
          supported types are ‘logical’, ‘integer’, ‘numeric’,
          ‘complex’, ‘character’, ‘raw’ and ‘list’.  If ‘what’ is a
          list, it is assumed that the lines of the data file are
          records each containing ‘length(what)’ items (‘fields’) and
          the list components should have elements which are one of the
          first six types listed or ‘NULL’, see section ‘Details’
          below.

I don't see anywhere that I should specify 1L as opposed to 'integer', even though that seems to be the correct way of achieving what I wanted since it works. Any comments?

Thanks,

-Gaston