[BioC] the order of the column name in heatmap

Thu Aug 26 20:58:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM, xiangxue Guo <xiangxue_guo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> HI,
>
> Does anybody know how to control the order of the column names displaying in the heatmap (heatplot)?
>
> I was trying to compare two heatmaps with same set of genes as row names and same set of patient samples as column names. The result shows a different order of column names.
>
> I want they display in the same order in the heatmap pictures.

You will want to play with the value of the Colv parameter -- try
setting it to NULL, or simply an integer vector indicating the order
of the columns that you want(?).

Read the help for ?heatmap and its explanation for Colv (and Rowv, if
you like) to get a better picture, but one of those two should do what
you want.

--
Steve Lianoglou