[BioC] Error: package/namespace load failed for 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db'

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Aug 30 18:33:10 CEST 2010

Hi Kristel,

On 8/30/2010 5:37 AM, Kristel van Eijk wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem when loading the library: IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db
> I installed the package from zip (from the Bioconductor website), and also
> installed all the packages it asked for. It went all succesfull:
>
> "package 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums
> checked"
>
> But when I am trying to load this library I get an error:
>
>> library(IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db)
>
> Welcome to Bioconductor
>
>    Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
>    'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
>    'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

> Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for
> 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db', details:
>    call: sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data)
>    error: RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: near "s": syntax error)
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db'
>
> I have tried the following things:
> - I reinstalled the packages from Bioconductor (AnnotationDbi, Biobase,
> org.Hs.eg.db and DBI)
> - restarted R

Did you try re-installing IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db? I get this
package to load without problems.

Also, you indicate that you are going to the website to get the files
for installation. This is not the best way to do things. Instead, use
biocLite().

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db")

Best,

Jim

>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
> i386-pc-mingw32
>
> locale:
> [1] LC_COLLATE=Dutch_Netherlands.1252  LC_CTYPE=Dutch_Netherlands.1252
> LC_MONETARY=Dutch_Netherlands.1252
> [4] LC_NUMERIC=C                       LC_TIME=Dutch_Netherlands.1252
>
> attached base packages:
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] org.Hs.eg.db_2.4.1   RSQLite_0.9-2        DBI_0.2-5
> AnnotationDbi_1.10.2 Biobase_2.8.0
>
>> traceback()
> 2: stop(gettextf("package/namespace load failed for '%s'", package),
>         call. = FALSE, domain = NA)
> 1: library(IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db)
>

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kristel van Eijk
> PhD student (University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands)
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician
Douglas Lab