[BioC] Limma - avereps - problems with NA

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Dec 1 04:12:38 CET 2010

Dear Gildas,

Yes, I agree, thanks for pointing out the problem.  I have committed a fix
to the package.

The older code in limma 2.18.2 was slower but correct.  The later code was
fast but didn't treat NAs correctly.  The code should now be both fast and
correct.

Note, the same issue affected avearrays() as avereps(), and both have been
fixed.

Best wishes
Gordon