[BioC] Illumina CanineHD CNV & crlmm?

Matthew Ritchie mritchie at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Dec 4 15:44:13 CET 2010

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay in replying.

A current limitation with crlmm is that training data is required.  For
humans, HapMap data can be used as Illumina generally run all or some of
these samples on each chip type and the 'true' calls can be downloaded
separately.  For other species, there isn't such a resource available
(DogMap/CowMap?) so we can't easily generate a region package for these
arrays.  So unfortunately you aren't able to use crlmm to analyze your
canine data at this time.

Best wishes,

Matt