[BioC] ChIPpeakAnno makeVennDiagram

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Mon Dec 6 17:39:24 CET 2010

Binbin,

Thank you very much for the feedback and great suggestions!

1) We could add multiple as a parameter in the makeVennDiagram function.
However, the significance test should not be based on multiple=yes since you
might count some peaks multiple times simply because one peak in one dataset
overlaps multiple peaks in another dataset.

2) When there are multiple peaks from one dataset (A) overlap with one peak
from the other dataset (B), the number of overlap will depend on the order
of the list RangedDataList(A, B) vs RangedDataList(B, A). I would suggest
use the smaller number resulted from the order RangedDataList(B, A). We
could implement this inside the function to make it more user friendly if
that is useful.

Best regards,

Julie