[BioC] How do I set the median when performing MAS5.0 normalization

Matthew Willmann willmann at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 6 23:53:23 CET 2010

Hi Jim,

Thank you.  Does this mean that I can obtain the desired normalization by the following?

mas5(data.MRW, normalize=FALSE, sc=50)

Matthew
Matthew R. Willmann, Ph.D.
Research Associate, Poethig Lab
University of Pennsylvania
Department of Biology
433 S. University Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Lab phone: 215-898-8916
Cell: 508-243-2495
Fax: 215-898-8780

On Dec 6, 2010, at 3:55 PM, James W. MacDonald wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> On 12/6/2010 11:16 AM, Matthew Willmann wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to replicate results in a published paper, where they performed a MAS5.0 normalization with the median normalized to 50 and then defined genes as present if the normalized expression value is higher than 30.  Does anyone know how I can alter the standard code to establish these parameters?
>>
>>> Cel.files=list.files(pattern=".CEL")
>>> data.MRW=ReadAffy(filenames=Cel.files)