[BioC] About package beadarray

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:24:45 CET 2010

Hi,

That function used to be in beadarray to implement the background
normalisation that occurs in Illumina's BeadStudio/GenomeStudio.
However, it has been shown in various studies to be inferior to other
methods. See the neqc (limma) or vst (lumi) alternatives available
through the normaliseIllumina function in beadarray.

Mark