[BioC] question about R package to get gene centric values

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 13:21:41 CET 2010

If you're using affy arrays the different affy IDs correspond to
different splice variants. If you want to reorganise probes so that
there is one gene to one probe google "Brainarray" and that should
answer your question.

Paul

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Xiaowei Guan <xxg39 at case.edu> wrote:
> Dear Biodonductor group,
>
> I have a question relevant to gene expression dataset. Usually, we will have
> probes, while a probe set will corresponding to one gene. What should we do
> about this?
>
> Do we use probes as our targets or derive only one value from the probe set
> corresponding to one gene?
>
> Do you know which R package will do this job? Thanks very much for your
> help.
>
> Have a wonderful weekend!
>
> best,
> Xiaowei

Paul Geeleher
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics
National University of Ireland
Galway
Ireland
--