[BioC] Improvements on GCRMA function

Javier Pérez Florido jpflorido at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:24:33 CET 2010

Dear list,
Some months ago, I read the following paper:
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/13/i282

It is said:"we identify a crucial step in GCRMA responsible for
introducing severe artifacts in the data leading to a systematic
overestimate of pairwise correlation. This has key implications not only
for reverse engineering but also for other methods, such as hierarchical
clustering, relying on accurate measurements of pairwise expression
profile correlation. We propose an alternative implementation to
eliminate such side effect".

I've checked the papers that reference this work, but no one is about
the improvement of GCRMA. Does anyone know if, after this paper was
published, GCRMA was fixed?

Thanks,
Javier