[BioC] Obtaining exon structure of a gene via Bioconductor

Michael Dondrup Michael.Dondrup at uni.no
Tue Feb 2 17:41:39 CET 2010

Hi,
this is also possible with biomart and therefore also with biomaRt.
The following query gives an example. Fetches all exon sequences for
C. elegans Gene with ensembl-geneid T24D1.1 in fasta format.
(try this url)

http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martview?VIRTUALSCHEMANAME=default&ATTRIBUTES=celegans_gene_ensembl.default.sequences.ensembl_gene_id|celegans_gene_ensembl.default.sequences.ensembl_transcript_id|celegans_gene_ensembl.default.sequences.gene_exon&FILTERS=celegans_gene_ensembl.default.filters.ensembl_gene_id."T24D1.1"|celegans_gene_ensembl.default.filters.biotype."protein_coding"&VISIBLEPANEL=resultspanel

If you like this, parameters can be almost directly translated into the the corresponding query in biomaRt although I don't think this is necessary for this case.

Best
Michael