[BioC] HTqPCR: Calculate CV between replicates with in a plate

jeremy wilson jeremy.wilson88 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 19:28:45 CET 2010

Dear list,

I see that the package considers each plate as different sample and
calculates CV  for genes across plates (samples) but not with in a
plate.
Unfortunately my plate design is different. I have 384 well plates
with 3 replicates for 32 genes in first 4 rows of the plate. Likewise
other 3 samples in the next 3 sections of 4 rows. So in total I have 4
different clinical samples on a single plate.
32genes*3replicates*4samples=384 wells.
Now I have gene 1 for sample 1 in first 3 wells of a plate. I want to
calculate CV for this gene in 3 wells. Similarly for the remaining 32
genes of the sample. Like wise I need to calculate CV for the same
genes in 3 more samples in the same plate. I see that the package has
no function to calculate CVs for plate in this pattern. My apologies
if I am missing any thing. I would really appreciate any suggestions
or else I will have to write my own script to analyze my Hi-Throughput
data.

Thank you