[BioC] annaffy can't saveHTML

axel.klenk at actelion.com axel.klenk at actelion.com
Tue Feb 16 09:51:43 CET 2010

Dear Assa,

oops, a little typo in Jim's reply:
try Sys.setlocale() instead of Set.syslocale() :-)

It is an R function and you can read its help
page to find out what is does...

Cheers,

 - axel

Axel Klenk
Research Informatician
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd / Gewerbestrasse 16 / CH-4123 Allschwil /
Switzerland

             Assa Yeroslaviz
             <frymor at gmail.com
             Sent by:                  "James W. MacDonald"
             bioconductor-boun         <jmacdon at med.umich.edu>,
             ces at stat.math.eth         bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
             z.ch                                                       cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/16/2010 09:14          Re: [BioC] annaffy can't saveHTML
             AM

Good morning,

Thanks again for the help.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do with this command line.
Set.syslocale(locale = "C")

Where do I need to execute it? This is not a R command and I can't find
anything in my linux to do with it.

Can you please explain to me what does this line do and how can I use it.

Thanks

Assa

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 18:35, James W. MacDonald
<jmacdon at med.umich.edu>wrote:

> Hi Assa,
>
> Assa Yeroslaviz wrote:
>
>> Hello James,
>>
>> thanks for the answer but it didn't solve my problem.
>>
>> I don't have a problem with the annotations. These are the columns from
>> aaf.handler. I don't try to re-map them.
>>

> True enough. I forgot that annaffy remaps DESCRIPTION to GENENAME in the
> case of A. thaliana, and other annotation packages that don't have a
> DESCRIPTION table.
>

>> The problem comes up when I'm trying to save the list in HTML format.
>> theer
>> are two genes in the list, which have something in the descriptions
column
>> which R can't work with. I narrowed it down to this two cells
>>
>>> atab[127,]
>>>
>> An object of class “aafTable”
>> Slot "probeids":
>> [1] "255891_at"
>>
>> Slot "table":
>> $Description
>> An object of class "aafList"
>> [[1]]
>> [1] "S2P-like putative metalloprotease, also contain transmembrane
helices
>> near their C-termini and many of them, five of seven, contain a
conserved
>> zinc-binding motif HEXXH. Homolog of EGY1. Each of the EGY1 and EGY-like
>> proteins share two additional highly conserved motifs, the previously
>> reported NPDG motif (aa 442\x96454 in EGY1, Rudner et al., 1999) and a
>> newly
>> defined GNLR motif (aa 171\x96179 in EGY1). The GNLR motif is a novel
>> signature motif unique to EGY1 and EGY-like proteins as well as other
EGY1

--
Assa Yeroslaviz
Kockelsberg 22