[BioC] DNA micro-array normalization

Thomas Hampton thomas.h.hampton at dartmouth.edu
Tue Feb 16 21:06:34 CET 2010

If all your samples share the same median, that is likely due to
normalization, not luck. So you
could just plot or summarize your sets to get a reasonable answer to
your question.

There are lots of ways to normalize, however, and it behooves the
analyst to know what has been
done to the data before you write up the results. Saying, "the data
were probably normalized"
isn't going to sound too persuasive in a paper.

I suggest you ask the people who gave you that data this question
rather than engaging in some sort of forensic
quest...

Best,

Tom