[BioC] limma: writing down the matrix in an almost (?) factorial design experiment

Massimo Pinto pintarello at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:50:29 CET 2010

I thought I should add here how the design matrix was created.
Probably, if I understand the language correctly, this is a mixed
factorial/nested design with three two-level factors:

Dose <- factor(targets$Dose, levels=c("Cn", "1Gy")) # It's very
important that you define the levels now, with their order, as
otherwise he will do it for you and this may not be the way you want
it.
Lab <- factor(targets$Lab, levels=c("ISS", "LNGS"))
Ageing <- factor(targets$Ageing, levels=c("t0", "6mo"))

disegno.3 <- model.matrix(~Dose + Ageing + Dose:Ageing + Ageing:Lab +
Dose:Ageing:Lab +1)

Yours,
Massimo

Massimo Pinto
Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Enrico Fermi Centre and Italian Public Health Research Institute (ISS)
Rome, Italy
http://claimid.com/massimopinto