[BioC] seqinr write.fasta problem with max characters per line

Jonathan jonsleepy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 06:36:20 CET 2010

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is an appropriate question to ask of this group,
but figured better to give it a shot here than at R-help...

I'm trying to write DNA sequences to a file in fasta format.  the
seqinr library has a function called write.fasta, which works fine,
except for one crucial point:
there's supposed to be a maximum number of characters per line (the
default is supposed to be 60), but when I call the function, it simply
prints the entire sequence on a single line, regardless of how long it
is (in every case, the sequence is longer than the value used for the
nbchar argument)...

Anybody else experiencing this or have a solution?

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, R version 2.10.1.

Regards,
Jonathan