[BioC] OT: biostar questions and answers

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:25:40 CET 2010

Hello Everyone,

My message is  not strictly bioconductor related although it has a strong
bioinformatics focus thus I hope this won't be  considered
inappropriate.

Our bioinformatics question and answer site seems to be
picking up steam lately, and I would really love to see responses
that recommend or demonstrate the use of bioconductor:

http://biostar.stackexchange.com/

My dream is a bioinformatics forum where one can ask a generic
bioinformatics question and get high quality responses in short order,
but not just in *one particular approach* but everything that is
applicable: perl, python, bioconductor, java, Galaxy, Taverna etc

Because it is a big world out there, with a lot of information that
we don't know about and every so often I have a sense of being limited
and tied to one particular approach yet for no other reason but lack of
understanding of how to do it differently

Please join us - just come by and check it out.

best,

Istvan Albert
http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/