[BioC] How to do RMA without summary to probeset level?

Benilton Carvalho bcarvalh at jhsph.edu
Thu Jan 7 22:23:48 CET 2010

Roumyana Yordanova brought to my attention a mistake on the code suggestion I sent Peng on December 27th.

The correct version is below (please note that normalization is performed on the original scale):

library(oligo)
data = read.celfiles(list.celfiles(data_dir, full=T))
idx = oligo:::getFidProbeset(data)
theProbes = exprs(data[idx,])
bgData = rma.background.correct(theProbes)
normData = log2(normalize.quantiles(bgData))

As a sanity check, I revisited oligo's code and everything there is as it should.

Thanks a bunch,