[BioC] Regarding KEGGgraph

anupam sinha anupam.contact at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:24:40 CET 2010

Hi David and Wolfgang,
                                    Thanks a lot for our suggestions. I
updated the packages (both R and Bioconductor). But still the same error
message.Apologies for not stating my problem clearly and this time I will
provide the files . I will have another go at it. I have this folder by name
ORG_XML_FILES  where I need to run my R script. This folder contains
directories for organisms which in turn contain the pathways in KGML format.
So I start from ORG_XML_FILES directory and decend into each of the
individual subdirectory (having KGML files of a specific organism). Read all
these KGML files to a list and construct a metabolic network. Next step is
to come out of this subdirectory into ORG_XML_FILES and then descend into
next subdirectory repeat the operation. I have written a script for it and
it doesn't seem to be working. Gives error:

Error in UseMethod("xmlAttrs", node) :
 no applicable method for "xmlAttrs"

I am forwarding three files. Two of the files are the zipped folders of
pathways of organisms (KGML format).
Third is my script.

*aac is the KEGG organism identifier for Alicyclobacillus acidocaldarius
aae is the KEGG organism identifier for Aquifex aeolicus
*
Apologies if the mail is bit long.

Regards,

Anupam

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Jitao David Zhang <davidvonpku at gmail.com>wrote:

> @Wolfgang: Thank you very much for the good tip!
>
> Hi dear Anupam,
>
>   Exactly, Wolfgang made the point. It is a known issue related to the old
> XML package, and has been long solved since the version 1.1.x. Please
> therefore update R, Bioconductor and KEGGgraph.
>
>   Best wishes,
> David
>

> 2010/1/10 Wolfgang Huber <whuber at embl.de>
>
> Dear Anupam
>>
>> the first thing you should try is upgrading to the most recent version of
>> R and Bioconductor.
>>
>> Next, if that does not help, please provide a reproducible example (others
>> cannot see the files in your /home/anupam/ directory and hence not reproduce
>> your problem, which almost always is a prerequisite for providing help).
>>
>>        Best wishes
>>        Wolfgang
>>

>>  Hi all,
>>>         I have downloaded the KGML files of for all the pathways of some
>>> organisms . I want to automate the process of constructing the metabolic
>>> networks of these organisms. In a directory by name ORG_XML_FILES I have
>>> the
>>> following directories and  files
>>>
>>> /aac(dir)       /aae(dir)          etc ......
>>> 1.xml           4.xml
>>> 2.xml           5.xml

--
Graduate Student,