[BioC] problem when try to install GenomicFeatures packages

Chao-Jen Wong cwon2 at fhcrc.org
Mon Jan 11 19:26:47 CET 2010

Hi, Changbin,

Are you using Linux or Mac OS? The reason that you cannot install the
rtracklayer and GenomicFeatures packages is because the configuration
for RCurl has failed.  Either it couldn't find curl-config in your path
or curl-config is not installed.  On your X window, type "locate
libcurl" to see if "libcurl.so" is  present. If not, you will have to
install curl-devel rpms (if you are using Linux) in order to install
RCurl package.

Chao-Jen

--
Chao-Jen Wong