[BioC] Drosophila Genome build used for GeneChip Drosophila-2 CDF?

Dávid Molnár zeitgeistmeister at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:27:53 CET 2010

Hi Jim,

thank you for the swift reply. I puzzled over that affymetrix
datasheet before, and I should probably have been more specific on
that: has affymetrix never updated this CDF based on Drosophila genome
release 3.1? Is bioconductor using the unupdated affymetrix CDF?
Release 3.1 of the Drosophila genome is from 2003.  Data and gene
models have considerably improved since then. In the CDF packages on
the bioconductor server the date of the files is from 2008. I
speculated that somebody might have had a look on them recently. Is
this true?

Best regards,
David