[BioC] Agilent 2-color Microarray data analysis tutorial

Yong Li yong.li at zbsa.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jan 14 14:07:05 CET 2010

Dear Martin,

thanks for the useful links, especially the Bioconductor case studies
book. I am also interested in the Agilent 2-color data analysis.

In the Bioconductor case studies book source code, the Chapter 4 Two
Color Arrays is about the analysis of Agilent 2 color data processed
with genepix image analysis program. I just have a question about
filtering of such data. Normally filtering is done before finding
differentially expressed genes (in this case with limma) and after
normalization. Filtering out control probes is straightforward. What
about other filtering criteria, such as IQR? How can filtering be
applied to 2-color data in the form of RGlist or MAlist?

Thanks,
Yong