[BioC] EBImage installation on Mac OS X 10.6

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 14 20:08:02 CET 2010

Install EBImage using pkgType = "source" and make sure it picks up your MacPorts version of Imagemagick (which may require some fiddling).  You probably used pkgType = "mac.binary" which assumes you are using another version of Imagemagick, residing in /usr/local.

You might also consider using Simon Urbaneks's gtk2/Imagemagick distribution, which he just updated for 64 bit (which I have not tried).  However, that is right now in a state for intermediate-advanced users (see recent r-sig-mac posting).

Kasper