[BioC] Clustering RNA-seq profiles using edgeR

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Jul 1 01:11:01 CEST 2010

Dear Zhe,

To do clustering of RNA-seq profiles using the edgeR packages, you can use
the plotMDS.dge function.  See the User's Guide for examples.  This
function is already designed for RNA-seq data, so there is no need to
worry about normalization factors or variance stabilizing transformations
etc.

Best wishes
Gordon

[BioC] edgeR normalization factors
zhedianyou at yahoo.cn
Mon Jun 28 05:19:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a question about using TMM normalization factors. I want to modify
the count for each gene after normalization. Should I just need to divide
the count of each gene by the normalization factor for its library? Then,
I may use the normalized data for DE analysis and other further analysis
(e.g. clustering).

Thanks a lot,
Zhe