[BioC] VSN package: vsnrma generate different values from the same data

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Thu Jul 1 16:27:01 CEST 2010

Dear Xiaokuan

slight differences can be expected due to the probe sampling that is
used in the vsn2 method for AffyBatch to increase the speed of the
computation. You can switch off the sampling e.g. by specifying
"subsample=0" in the call to vsnrma. And you can make the sampling
deterministic by calling set.seed before vsnrma.

However, such differences should always be small compared to the
precision of the data themselves - i.e., they should be negligible. If
they are not, something is foul. I would be interested in a reproducible
example: sessionInfo(), exact script used, the necessary data objects.

  Best wishes
	Wolfgang