[BioC] Yeast 2.0 Arrays

Mike Walter michael_walter at email.de
Thu Jul 8 14:40:52 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I have a question on Affymetrix Yeast 2.0 arrays. These arrays contain about 5000 probesets for budding and fission yeast, respectively. We hybridized budding yeast sample and now I'd like to get rid of all the fission yeast probes before normalization. There is a mask file outlining which probesets belong to which organism. However, when I use ReadAffy(..., rm.mask=T) the number of probes does not change (s. below). Is there a way to specify a mask file during the affybatch import?

Any hints are welcome.

Mike

> d1 <- ReadAffy(celfile.path=celfile, filenames=filenames, rm.mask=F)
> d2 <- ReadAffy(celfile.path=celfile, filenames=filenames, rm.mask=T)
> dim(pm(d1))
[1] 120855      5
> dim(pm(d2))
[1] 120855      5
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.1252  LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=German_Germany.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
 [1] yeast2cdf_2.5.0      affyQCReport_1.24.0  lattice_0.18-3
 [4] RColorBrewer_1.0-2   affyPLM_1.22.0       preprocessCore_1.8.0
 [7] xtable_1.5-6         simpleaffy_2.22.0    gcrma_2.18.1
[10] genefilter_1.28.2    affy_1.24.2          Biobase_2.6.1

 [1] affyio_1.14.0       annotate_1.24.1     AnnotationDbi_1.8.2
 [4] Biostrings_2.14.12  DBI_0.2-5           grid_2.10.1
 [7] IRanges_1.4.16      RSQLite_0.9-1       splines_2.10.1
[10] survival_2.35-8     tools_2.10.1

--

MFT Services
University of Tübingen

Tel.: +49 7071 29 83210
Fax. + 49 7071 29 5228
web: www.mft-services.de

Confidentiality Note:
This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized
use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.