[BioC] Rgraphviz in windows 7 - problem with GUI?

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 13 02:15:02 CEST 2010

Hi Neta,

The Rgraphviz binary package for 32-bit Windows that is included
in BioC 2.6 (the current release version of Bioconductor) should
work fine. See the daily build/check results here:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.6/bioc-LATEST/Rgraphviz/liverpool-checksrc.html

Note the following info from the report:
   Using the following environment variables
   GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_DIR=C:\/Graphviz2.20
   GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_MAJOR=2
   GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_MINOR=20
   GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_SUBMINOR=3

Make sure you use this version of graphviz. Also make sure you use
R-2.11.1 + BioC 2.6 as we don't support older versions of R/BioC.

Cheers,
H.

On 07/09/2010 11:19 AM, Neta Zuckerman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am desperately seeking help to install Rgraphviz correctly.
> I have tried several graphviz versions as well as several R and bioconductor
> versions, as suggested in some of the mails on this list, with no luck.
> I finally succeeded installing Rgraphviz without any error messages using R:
> version 2.10 (bioconductor version 2.5), and graphviz: version 2.21
> However, when I use the function plot to plot a graph object, I receive the
> following error message from windows:
> "R for windows GUI front-end has stopped working. a problem caused the
> program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify
> you if a solution is available".
>
> can anyone recommend a solution?
> Thank you,
> Neta.