[BioC] Agi4x44PreProcess - Replicated Genes Error

Samantha England sje28 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 28 17:25:57 CEST 2010

To the Bioconductor Community

Dear All,

Thanks to your tremendous help I have successfully been able to design my own custom annotation pack (for our custom Agilent chips) and carry out every other function of the Agi4x44PreProcess package.

My custom annotation database works perfectly for the replicated probes function (CV.rep.probes), but fails when I try to run the replicated genes function (genes.rpt.agi).

Please see my session info copied in below:

> genes.rpt.agi(dd, "zfcustomAG.db", raw.data = TRUE, WRITE.html = TRUE, REPORT = TRUE)

GENE SETS: same genes interrogated by different probes
		FILTERING BY ControlType FLAG
		RAW DATA: PROBES AFTER ControlType FILTERING:  43754

	INPUT DATA: RAW
	CHIP: zfcustomAG.db

	PROBE SETS (NON-CTRL prob rep. x 10):	 1593
Error in lookUp(PROBE_ID, annotation.package, "SYMBOL") :
  No keys provided

I have googled and only found one other record of this problem.  At that point the user didn't have a custom annotation database.  Since I do have a custom database (which seems to have symbol keys if I look at the qc headers for the annotation pakcage), I am wondering what the problem might be.

Any ideas/suggestions would be very gratefully received!

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Best Wishes

Sam England