[BioC] BioC 2010 Conference Update

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Jun 11 16:11:11 CEST 2010

Bioconductors --

BioC 2010 is coming up quickly, and I urge you to sign up today! We're
meeting July 29-30 (Developer Day July 28) in Seattle. There is a
terrific line-up of speakers (see below) and the work shops are being
finalized (see https://secure.bioconductor.org/BioC2010/labs.php for a
preliminary list, subject to change).

Also, we have introduced a special 'Flow Cytometery' track. This
provides access to the Friday afternoon practicals sessions. These
sessions will include, among others, practicals relevant to cytometry.

Finally, the deadline for scholarship applications is June 15, just a
few days away!

Questions? Send email to biocworkshop at fhcrc.org

Thursday

8:30 - 9:15 Atul Butte, Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics
Research. Exploring Genomic Medicine Through Integrative
Bioinformatics.

9:15 - 10:00 Stephen Friend, SAGE Bionetworks. Risks and Opportunities
for Disease Models based on Integrative Genomic Approaches.

10:30 - 11:15 Jay Shendure, University of Washington. Exome sequencing
and human genetics.

11:15 - 12:00 To be confirmed.

Friday

8:30 - 9:15 Simon Tavaré, University of Southern California.

9:15 - 10:00 Paul Flicek, European Bioinformatics
Institute. Generation gap: How existing bioinformatics resources are
adapting to high-throughput sequencing.

10:30 - 11:15 Lior Pachter, University of California, Berkeley.

11:15 - 12:00 Simon Anders, European Bioinformatics
Institute. Inference of differential signal in high throughput
sequencing count data.