[BioC] gc-rma and vsn normalization for rat microarray data

Benilton Carvalho beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 02:09:46 CEST 2010

Rainer,

I understand I don't offer a vsn() method in oligo (yet), but this can
be easily achieved... Something like the following may get you
started:

library(oligo)
cels = list.celfiles()
raw = read.celfiles(cels)
pms = pm(raw)
pmsVSN = vsn::vsnMatrix(pms)
pm(raw) <- pmVSN
rm(pms, pmsVSN)

If any of the other packages offer you a way of normalizing the data
straight from the PM matrices, you can do as I show above...