[BioC] Rgraphviz crashes for R 2.11.1 on Windows Vista

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 14:54:58 CEST 2010

There is no specific reason for using a "new" version of Graphviz.
Rgraphviz only uses part of the functionality from Graphviz, and I
have not seen anything that indicates that the functionality actually
used is significantly updated (I could be wrong of course).

It is easy to use a newer version of Graphviz on *nix.

If you cannot use the provided binary of Rgraphviz for Vista, you will
need to compile Rgraphviz from source in which case you might be able
to use a newer Graphviz (I have had reports of success with this).
But all of this requires you to setup your windows box for building.

Kasper